Root canal treatment in Dubai | Endodontist
Each tooth consists of an outer enamel layer, intermediate hard dentin, and an inner soft pulp. The term “root canal” refers to the cavity inside the tooth which holds the pulp and nerve. Root canal treatment is required when the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed or infected.
Causes of an infected/inflamed pulp include:
- Deep tooth decay
- Repeated dental procedures on the tooth
- A fractured or cracked tooth
- Trauma to the tooth
What are the signs and symptoms of a root canal treatment?
If you start to experience any of the below symptoms, do visit a dentist and have your teeth checked out immediately:
- Severe pain when any amount of pressure is applied to the teeth.
- Tooth appears dark or extremely discolored
- Presence of pus or a pimple on the gums
- Swollen or tender gums
- Increased sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks
Why is Endodontic treatment necessary?
When bacteria get into the pulp, it breaks it down and the result is an infection or abscess at the root level. Infection at the root level can cause either of the following situations:
- As the infection spreads and grows deep into the teeth and gums, pain and discomfort will intensify.
- Bone loss in the area of the root tip
- Spread of pain to other parts of the body like the neck, face and head
What is the procedure for Root Canal Treatment?
- Root canal therapy involves removal of the infected pulp tissue, disinfection and cleaning of the pulp chamber, followed by filling and sealing of the chamber with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha.
- Following root canal treatment, the tooth is then restored with a tooth-colored filling or a permanent crown.
How many visits would a Root Canal in Dubai require?
Root canal treatment may require one or more visits.
- An uncomplicated root canal treatment can be completed by a specialist in root canal therapy in one visit.
- However, in cases where the entire pulp chamber is infected and patient experiences pain, swelling or tenderness at the time of the appointment, the dentist may then choose a multi-appointment approach.
What are the possible side effects of a Root Canal Treatment?
Following root canal treatment, the tooth gets non-vital and therefore tends to become brittle, which is why it is important to complete the restoration with a dental crown to protect the tooth. It is normal to experience some post-op pain for a few days following endodontic treatment and over the counter pain medications would help alleviate this discomfort.
Endodontist and Root Canal Dentists in Dubai
- Dr. Maisour Rachi is our Specialist Endodontist in Dubai (Root Canal Specialist) with over 23 years of clinical experience.
- Prof. Dr. Maisour has completed his PhD in Endodontics and was the Director for Endodontic courses conducted in Lebanon, KSA and UAE.
Dr. Mona Yadav
- Dr. Mona Yadav obtained her Masters in Endodontics from Army College of Dental Sciences, India and was awarded the best Post-Graduate Resident for the Endodontics program. Dr. Mona completed her Bachelors in Dental Surgery (Gold Medalist) from Government Dental College & Research Institute, Bangalore.
- Dr. Mona provides the full range of root canal treatments and her expertise lies in resolving difficult root canal cases and re-treatment endodontics.
- Dr. Mona’s philosophy is to perform root canal treatments comfortably, using minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Anupama Jaswal
- Dr. Anupama Jaswal, our family dentist, has over 21 years of extensive clinical experience in restorative dentistry with special interest in endodontics (root canal treatments).
0% financing for Root Canal Treatments In Dubai
We offer 0% interest-free payment plan for 6 / 12 months for holders of the following credit cards:
We encourage you to call us on 04 3987075 if you require any further information.