Dental Crowns and Zirconia Crowns
Dental Crown in Dubai
- A crown is a porcelain cap that fits over the entire surface of the tooth.
- A porcelain crown can be formed to resemble natural teeth to the point that it is nearly indistinguishable from the patient’s real ones. Placing a crown restores the tooth’s natural form and its function.
- The difference between a dental crown and a veneer lies in the amount of natural tooth structure that needs to be replaced. Crowns are generally the restoration of choice when more tooth structure has been lost.
Indications for Dental Crowns
- To restore, cover and support heavily-filled, misshapen, discolored and broken-down teeth
- To hold dental bridges in place
- Following a root canal treatment, when there is insufficient natural tooth structure for support.
Zirconia dental crowns combine the strength of metal and the aesthetics of porcelain. Zirconia is about five times stronger than porcelain and is the preferred choice for restoring the back teeth and for patients with teeth grinding.
Process involved for Zirconia Crowns
The preparation process for a zirconia crown requires two sessions. During the first session, the dentist will initially take X-rays to rule out any infection of the person’s teeth and jaw areas.
The dentist will then apply local anesthesia and proceed to reshaping the tooth that accepts the crown. The dentist creates a cast of the teeth that will receive the crown and sends the cast to a lab specializing in zirconia crowns. While waiting for the zirconia crown, the patient will be provided with an interim temporary crown to cover the site.
At the lab, the ceramist will upload the scan into a computer with CAD software that designs the zirconia crown. Once the permanent zirconia crown has been fabricated, your dentist will replace the temporary crown with the permanent one in the following appointment.
Dental bridges are indicated when you have one or more missing teeth. A typical 3-unit bridge consists of three crowns joined together, which is used to replace a single missing tooth.
How long do Dental Crowns and Bridges last?
Porcelain crowns and bridges can last between 10 and 15 years, on average. The lifespan can vary depending on several factors, including:
- Dental hygiene
- Habits that can damage teeth, such as chewing on ice or using teeth to open packaging
- Teeth clenching or grinding due to stress or while sleeping
Dental Crowns in the Smile Zone
- If the teeth replaced are in the “smile zone,” your dentist will discuss your preferences for the shape, length, width, and color of the teeth.
- Based on the communication with your dentist, the laboratory designs a diagnostic wax-up that serves as a preview to how your final smile can appear.
- The next step of dental crown replacement would involve the creation of a “trial smile” using temporary crowns, and which can be further modified to custom tailor your final smile.
Zirconia Crown Specialists
Dr. Anupama Jaswal
- Dr. Anupama Jaswal, our restorative dentist in Dubai has over 22 years of extensive clinical experience with a special interest in cosmetic dentistry (porcelain and zirconia crowns).
Dr. Suhail Syed
- Dr. Suhail Syed has over 11 years of extensive clinical experience in restoration of compromised teeth with zirconia crowns and bridges.
Warranty for Dental Crowns
Dental crown treatments carried out at the clinic are presented with a 5-year warranty. In the event of fractures of porcelain, repairs or replacements would be at no additional cost*.
* Please note:
- The patient would need to attend routine dental check-ups once every six months.
- When advised, wear a nightguard.
Patient Testimonials for Zirconia Crowns
0% Interest-Free Financing For Dental Crowns
For easier management of porcelain crown cost, we offer 0% Interest-free payment plan for 6/12 months through CREDIT CARD
We invite you to call us on 04 3987075 if you would like any further information.