What is Pediatric dentistry
Pediatric dentistry deals with the diagnosis and treatment management of dental concerns in children from infancy till adolescence.
Pediatric dentistry in Dubai
A pediatric dentist undertakes 3 years of specialized training in pediatric dentistry and are trained in child psychology which helps the specialist to better communicate with kids. The goal would be to address existing dental issues, provide preventive dental services and establish healthy oral habits that children can follow through their adult life.
Your child's first few visits can set the stage for their entire dental experience. The pediatric dentists in Dubai will strive to dispel your child's anxiety concerns and leave them looking forward to their next visit.
Fissure sealants in pediatric dentistry
- The grooves on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth are considered the most susceptible to dental caries.
- Fissure sealant application is a pediatric dental service, wherein a protective resin coating is painted onto the grooves of your child's back teeth.
- The sealant prevents the development of dental caries by completely sealing off these grooves and keeps away any food sugars and bacteria from getting in.
- Fissure sealants are usually applied on the first permanent molars when the child is between six and seven years of age.
How are fissure sealants applied?
Fissure sealants are usually applied on the first permanent molars when the child is between six and seven years of age. The tooth is cleaned, treated with special solution and dried. The sealant is then painted on to the groove and allowed to set hard by shining a blue light onto it. No injection or drilling is necessary and the entire process is pain free.
Braces in Pediatric dentistry
The goals of orthodontic treatment in children may include:
- Closing of the spaces between your child's front teeth
- Straightening out crowded teeth
- Creating or maintaining space in order for the permanent teeth to erupt
- Correcting potentially harmful oral habits
For your child’s Complimentary Braces Consultation, kindly contact us on 04 3987075.
Our Dentists in Dubai
- Dr. Anupama Jaswal, our family dentist in Dubai has over 20 years of extensive clinical experience with a special interest in childrens' dental care. Dr. Anupama works closely with the parents to help the child begin their dental journey with a pleasant experience.
- Dr. Naeem Moideen is our Specialist Orthodontist in Dubai with over 14 years of clinical experience. His expertise includes various Myofunctional and orthopedic appliances in treating children with dental malocclusions and skeletal jaw issues.
0% financing in Pediatric dentistry
We offer 0% interest-free payment plan for 6 / 12 months for holders of the following credit card:
We invite you to call us on 04 3987075 if you would like any further information.